China Opens 2015 With 6,395 Plug-In Electric Car Sales In January
Plug-in electric car sales in China are still growing at a rapid rate. 5-times the rate in 2014.
Last month, 6,395 plug-in electric cars were sold, according to the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers, while at the same time 6,663 were produced in China.
Plug-in hybrids take the lead so far this year with 3,289 sales, but all-electric cars are close with 3,106.
Almost 30% of sales were secured by the BYD Qin plug-in hybrid, which together with e6 holds over one-third of the market for the BYD brand.
Interesting is the 172 Venucia e30s (Nissan LEAFs) on the list below, but we don’t see Denza. *Note: List doesn’t include all models yet.
“1. BYD Qin (plug-in hybrid): 1,911
2. Chery QQ EV ( all-electric): 552
3. BYD e6 (all-electric): 423
4. Zotye E20 (all-electric): 408
5. Chery eQ (all-electric): 355
6. SAIC Roewe 550 Hybrid (plug-in hybrid): 348
7. Zotye Z100 EV (Cloud 100, all-electric): 184
8. Dongfeng-Nissan Venucia e30 (all-electric): 172
9. GAC Trumpchi GA5 REV (plug-in hybrid): 145
10. BAIC E150 EV (EV 200, all-electric): 132
11. SAIC Roewe E50 (all-electric): 4″