Already 146,000 people signed up for the Tesla Cybertruck, with most opting for the two- and three-motor versions.
Elon Musk adds also that the number was achieved "With no advertising & no paid endorsement." Despite the surprisingly revolutionary design of this pickup, which requires time to be fully understood and appreciated, we cannot forget about the shattered glass, which also didn't help out the much-hyped unveiling event.
Other interesting numbers from Elon are percents of reservations of particular versions of the Cybertruck"
- Single motor: 17% (24,820)
- Dual motor: 42% (61,320)
- Tri motor: 41% (59,860)
As we can see, most customers are willing to pay more and get two or three motors and stronger capabilities/performance. This has often been the case with Tesla's offerings. Few buyers opt for the base versions of Tesla various models.
Dimensions & Weight
- Range: 500+ miles
- 0-60 mph acceleration: <2.9 seconds
- Towing capacity: More than 14,000 lbs
- Payload: Up to 3,500 lbs
- Vault length: 6.5 feet
- Storage capacity: 100 cubic feet of exterior, lockable storage including the vault, frunk, and sail pillars.
- Suspension: 4” in either direction
- Touchscreen size: 17”
- Body: Ultra-Hard 30X Cold-Rolled stainless steel. If there was something better, we’d use it.
- Seating capacity: Up to six adults
- Charging: Can be charged at home, at Destination Charging locations, and with our network of more than 14,000 Superchargers, including on our newest V3 technology, which is helpful for long hauls and towing.