Kia Niro EV Pricing Announced For Norway
…but only 2,000 are to be delivered to Norway in 2019?
Kia announced in Norway that the upcoming e-Niro will start at 377,400 NOK (€39,590 / $44,940), which is not as affordable as one would’ve hoped.
Bjørn Nyland noted that the price difference to the Hyundai Kona Electric is about 12.5% higher and because both models are equipped with the same 64 kWh battery, all the difference needs to be assigned to the bigger size/roominess of the e-Niro and maybe some different standard equipment.
There is not much competition in the long-range segment, especially in the non-premium part of the market, which makes Kia’s pricing totally reasonable.
Apparently, Kia will be able to deliver only around 2,000 e-Niro to Norway in 2019, despite it being one of the prioritized markets (Norway, Netherlands, France and Sweden).
Kia e-Niro spec (64 kWh battery version):
- 64 kWh battery – 301 miles (485 km) of WLTP range
- 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 7.8 seconds
- 150 kW (204 hp) and 395 Nm of torque
- fast charging at 100 kW: 0-80% in 54 minutes (0-50% in 30 minutes)
- fast charging at 50 kW: 0-80% in 75 minutes
- normal charging (on-board AC 7.2 kW) 0-100% in 9.5 hours (20 hours at 3.6 kW)
Kia e-Niro spec (39.2 kWh battery version):
- 39.2 kWh battery – 194 miles (312 km) of WLTP range
- 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 9.8 seconds
- 100 kW (136 hp) and 395 Nm of torque