Jay Leno Drives Mercedes-Benz EQC Electric SUV: Video
The proper Mercedes-Benz that happens to be electric
One of the pre-production prototypes of the upcoming Mercedes-Benz EQC was featured in one of the latest episodes of Jay Leno’s Garage.
As usual, after talking with the manufacturer representative – Powertrain Testing Engineer, Bastian Schult – and presentation of the car, Jay Leno went for an exclusive first test drive
Mercedes-Benz says that its sporty electric SUV will be introduced later this year (production will start in mid-2019). Prices arr to be announced this Spring.
2020 Mercedes-Benz EQC 400 4MATIC preliminary specs
- dual motor (asynchronous), all-wheel drive
- system output of 300 kW (402 hp) and 564 lb-ft (765 Nm)
- 0-60 mph in 4.9 seconds (0-100 km/h in 5.1 seconds)
- top speed of 112 mph (180 km/h)
- 80 kWh battery (384 cells – two modules with 48 cells and four modules with 72 cells)
- more than 200 miles (320 km) of all-electric range (prelim est.) or over 280 miles (450 km) under NEDC
- DC fast charging (CCS Combo) in 40 minutes (110kW, 10%-80%)
- AC on-board charger – 7.4 kW
- towing capability – 1,800 kg (3,968 lbs)