Here Are The 9 Plug-In Electric Cars With Over 25,000 Cumulative Worldwide Sales
Since late 2010 through to mid-2015 there are 6 plug-in electric car models with sales that exceed 50,000 and 9 with over 25,000 sales.
Only one exceeds 175,000.
Here is a sales comparison of best selling cars worldwide, according to HybridCars.com:
- Nissan LEAF – around 177,000
- Chevrolet Volt (Holden Volt, Opel Ampera, Vauxhall Ampera) – around 93,000
- Tesla Model S – around 73,000
- Toyota Prius PHV – around 71,000
- Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV – over 60,000
- Mitsubishi i-MiEV (with other MiEVs and Peugeot iOn, Citroen C-Zero) – around 50,000
- BYD Qin – 27,351
- Renault ZOE – 26,296
- BMW i3 – 25,785
The last three – BYD Qin, Renault ZOE and BMW i3 – joined the 25,000 club this spring. At the current high sales pace, Qin could join the 50,000 club this year , while ZOE and i3 probably will do it in 2016.