The first shipment is envisioned for Sweden and Norway (estimated delivery in August - after a final preparation process and check procedure), where "thousands" of customers are waiting on ordered P2s.
More customer cars (scheduled for Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK) are already en route. Then, later this year, Polestar will start P2 deliveries also in Switzerland.
As we can see in the images and video, the cars are entirely covered to avoid any scratches during transport from China.
Interested consumers are invited to book test drives of the electric performance fastback, which can be "conducted from home or at a number of test-drive events to be held in the future".
Thomas Ingenlath, Polestar CEO said:
"This is a big moment. We are one step closer to getting Polestar 2 to our first customers in Europe. The arrival of this first shipment is proof of just how committed we are to our customers and how our operations are working at high efficiency around the world. ”
Gallery: First European Polestar 2 customer vehicles arrive in Zeebrugge port
Polestar 2 specs:
- Range target (EPA): 275 miles (442 km)
- 470 km (292 miles) of WLTP range
- 78 kWh battery (324 pouch cells, 27 modules, liquid-cooled)
- 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 4.7 seconds
- dual motor all-wheel drive
- system output: 300 kW (408 hp) and 660 Nm of torque (one 150 kW and 330 Nm electric motor per axle)
- 150 kW fast charging capability
- Dimensions (L/H/W) 4.6m / 1.48m / 1.95m
- Trunk capacity of 440 liter (front and back combined)
based on Compact Modular Architecture (CMA) platform
* in China battery capacity will be 72 kWh
First European Polestar 2 customer vehicles arrive in Zeebrugge port
- First customer shipment of much anticipated Polestar 2 electric performance fastback lands in Europe
- First customer vehicles destined for Sweden and Norway with estimated delivery in August; further customer vehicles already en route
- Test drives can soon be booked across launch markets via Polestar.com
The first shipment of Polestar 2 customer vehicles has arrived in Europe. The Belgian transport hub in Zeebrugge received the shipment which is awaited in anticipation by thousands of new Polestar owners in Sweden and Norway. Handovers are scheduled for August.
Vehicles for customers in Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK are following closely behind as delivery ramps up to meet customer demand. Deliveries to customers in Switzerland will take place later in 2020.
"This is a big moment," comments Thomas Ingenlath, Polestar CEO. “We are one step closer to getting Polestar 2 to our first customers in Europe. The arrival of this first shipment is proof of just how committed we are to our customers and how our operations are working at high efficiency around the world. ”
Despite being digital-first, the brand is also looking to change the face of automotive retail, rolling out physical Polestar Spaces across launch markets this summer. Staffed by non-commissioned Polestar Specialists, Spaces will be where customers can test drive Polestar 2. Test drives can be booked online or in person, and may also be conducted from home or at a number of test drive events to be held in the future .
“At last, the public will be able to experience just how fantastic Polestar 2 is to drive,” continues Thomas Ingenlath. "Once you've tried the progressive electric driving experience, there is no going back."
The vehicles that have just landed in Zeebrugge will be transported by road to a central hub in Belgium for a final preparation process and check procedure before heading onwards to their destination markets.