Who asked for this?
In the most recent episode of, "Answers to Questions Nobody Asked", I present to you a thing that may or may not exist but will at least get a few chuckles.
For those of you who have said to yourselves, “Self? I think my current golf cart is too carty, and I need something less typical and way, way goofier,” the GolfGlide CGV, or Compact Golf Vehicle may be for you. I swear to you this is what it is actually called and I am not making this up. It exists at that point between your traditional motorcycle with a luggage rack to which you’ve managed to strap your golf bag and that purpose-built golf cart that probably won’t get you kicked off the course, but might, the way you drive it. Right. Ready?
- “Dual driving positions: and standing,” like… every other motorcycle ever?
- “Unique E Brake, allow the car to stand still in inclined positions,” like most scooters you’ll come across!
- “Integrated Scorecard holder, Tee Holder, Ball Holder, Drink Holder.” Although, seriously, I could use a drink holder on more of my bikes. The second-gen KLR has one kind of by accident, just inside the fairing next to the radiator, and it will keep your coffee warm. I’m pretty sure this isn’t that.
- “In seat Cooler that fits up to 7 cans of any drink.” OK, you got me here. We all need this.
- “Sand/Seed dispenser.” I’m not a golfer, so I’m guessing this is for when, absent the ball you just sliced, you lob your divot into the woods in anger.
- “Umbrella stand.” I mean, who doesn’t need an umbrella stand?
- “Uses traditional Golf Cart Tires” for tight cornering and excellent handling. I would absolutely not track down some very knobby ATV tires with the same wheel diameter… and get kicked off the course for tearing up the greens.
At any rate: Motorcyclists who are also golfers, here’s yet another dedicated golf scooter that might be more fun than a cart. We’ll certainly keep you posted if it ever makes its way out of the 3D renders.