PSA is gearing for the upcoming Geneva Motor Show in March, where the automaker is expected to present its all-new electric car – the Peugeot 208.
It will be built using the new eCMP platform that can handle up to 50 kWh battery packs. There are no other specific details on the Peugeot 208 specs, but it should become a direct competitor to the Renault ZOE.
Market introduction is expected in the second half of 2019.
PSA intends to put on the market 4 new all-electric and 7 plug-in hybrids by 2021, and will electrify all models by 2025.
Here is the list of new plug-in models and expected launch dates:
- Peugeot 5008 (PHEV, EMP2, 60 km @ NEDC) – 2018
- Citroen C5 AirCross (PHEV, EMP2, 60 km @ NEDC) – 2018
- Peugeot 208 (BEV, eCMP) – 2019
- DS 7 e-tense (PHEV) – 2019
- Opel Grandland X (PHEV) – 2019
- Peugeot 2008 (BEV, eCMP) – 2019-2020
- DS3 (BEV, eCMP) – 2019-2020
- Opel Corsa (BEV, eCMP) – 2019-2020