2016 Chevrolet Volt Ordering Guide Now Online – Full Specs, Options Revealed
This weekend, General Motors published its “Online Order/Reference Guide” for the 2016 Chevrolet Volt.
Which means that even though we don’t know the pricing for the car yet (expected later this month), we do now know every component offered – both standard and optional, along with all the overall specifications.
The first thing that strikes you when checking out 25 page guide is that there is a lot of deleted, not available or optional equipment to be found on the base “LT Hatchback” (LT) trim level, as compared to the “Premier Hatchback” (LTZ).
When it comes to that eventual pricing announcement, this wide separation between models and options is probably a good thing, as it appears there will be a more aggressively priced, de-contented model for those who are just looking for that 50 miles of all electric driving…and don’t need a “rearview inside auto-dimming mirror” (unavailable in the base trim).
There is some more serious sacrifices of course, such as the base 2LT model only gets one type of seating trim – so if you don’t like cloth seats in black (or cloth at all), you are going to have to upgrade.
Features of note/significant changes from gen 1:
- Cadillac’s Intellibeam headlights make an appearance as a option feature on the LTZ
- Forward Collision Alert, Lane Keep Assist, Front Automatic Braking, Following Distance Indicator – LTZ option
- Standard 6 speakers (optional 8)
- Heated driver and front passenger seats/heated steering wheel available on LT, standard on LTZ (rear seat heat also standard on LTZ)
- No sunroof, no power seats available on any trim level
- Navigation on 8″ touchscreen is an option on LTZ, not available on the LT, No CD player available
- Automatic audible signal during low speed driving
Below we have selected those features that differ between the LT and LTZ Models, as well as some of the options available.
To check out the whole 25 page PDF (to see such standard features listed as 4 wheel disc brakes and rear electric defogger), hit up GM’s fleet order guide here.