The all-new Tesla Model S Plaid has the best 0-60 mph time (about 2.3 seconds without rollout) among all production cars.
However, even more amazing is that the strong acceleration continues even at high speeds, despite there being only single-speed gearboxes for each of the three motors (one in the front, and two in the rear).
The recent Situation Plaid's video shows 100-150 mph (160-240 km/h) acceleration in regular road conditions that took 4.96 seconds. That's amazing to gain 50 mph of speed on top of 100 mph just like that.
"Asked if the car dies off up top. You be the judge but the answer is no. 2021 Tesla Plaid Model S. A true street machine."
A second video shows a whole set of results from 0 mph, which is amazing considering that it was a simple acceleration, without launch control.
With Plaid Model S, basically any driver can achieve results that previously were achieved only on race tracks.
- 60ft - 1.62 seconds
- 0-60 mph (96.5 km/h) - 2.42 seconds
- 1/8 mile - 6.17 seconds at 121.50 mph
- 60-130 mph - 4.51 seconds
- 1,000 ft - 7.92 seconds at 140.72 mph
- 1/4 mile - 9.39 seconds at 152.43 mph
"Tesla Model S Plaid Goes Low 9s on the street
New model S Plaid test hit on the street. We didn’t use launch control or drag mode yet as the streets are still a bit damp. That’s right 9.3 on a damp street. These cars are no joke"
Here is a separate video with metric units:
- 60ft - 1.62 seconds
- 0-100 km/h - 2.52 seconds
- 1/8 mile - 6.17 seconds at 195.53 km/h
- 100-200 km/h - 3.89 seconds
- 1,000 ft - 7.92 seconds at 225.75 km/h
- 1/4 mile - 9.39 seconds at 245.31 km/h
Tesla Model S Plaid specs
- up to 390 miles (628 km) of EPA est. range
- battery capacity: N/A
- 0-60 mph (96.5 km/h) in 1.99 seconds (*with rollout subtracted)
0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 2.1 seconds (*with rollout subtracted)
MotorTrend's 0-60 mph (asphalt, no rollout): 2.28 seconds; 2.3 seconds according to ICSI
- 1/4 mile 9.23 seconds at 155 mph trap speed
Jay Leno's 1/4 mile record of 9.247 seconds at 152.16 mph trap speed
- top speed of 200 mph (322 km) †when equipped with the proper wheels and tires (available fall 2021)
- three-motor all-wheel drive (one motor in the front and two motors in the rear)
- system output: 1,020 hp (about 760 kW)
- DC fast charging: at up to 250 kW (Superchargers)
can replenish 187 miles (301 km) in 15 minutes
- Drag Coefficient 0.208 Cd
- Wheels 19" or 21"
- Cargo 28 cu ft
- Weight 4,766 lbs (2,162 kg)