ClipperCreek Family Expands: High Power, 40 amp/9.6 kW EV Charging Station
ClipperCreek has announced a new high power/low cost 240V charging station to their lineup of EVSEs.
The new unit continues a trend of sturdy products with not-so-sexy names from Clipper, as the HCS-50 is an indoor/outdoor rated 40 amp charging station capable of 9.6 kW of output.
Most importantly, while not the highest output L2 unit in the family, the unit is priced from a very reasonable $835 as a direct wire, or as a plug-in for $859.
In a statement, Jason France, President and Founder of ClipperCreek stresses the unit’s functionality for commercial as well as residential applications:
“We used rubber over-molding to fully seal the connector’s head and increase the durability. That’s critical in commercial and fleet environments. The rubber cable jacket increases low temperature flexibility of the cable, so it’s also a great station for colder climates.”
The company also lists the following specs/features for the HCS-50:
* – 25 feet of charging cable for installation and operations flexibility
* – Integrated cable wrap to make storing the cable simple and convenient
* – Wall mount holster allows storage of the vehicle connector where it’s most convenient
* – Fully sealed NEMA 4 rated enclosure for product durability and installation anywhere
* – High power charging cable is rubber overmolded for increased durability and superior cold performance
* – No assembly required
* – No mounting kit required
* – Safety listed by ETL and cETL
* – ClipperCreek customers are supported by a superb customer service team
* – Made in America