In October 2018 BYD Set 5th Straight Plug-In Electric Car Sales Record
BYD increased plug-in electric car sales every month since June 2018
BYD managed to set five straight records for sales and we wouldn’t mind seeing further increases – maybe above 30,000 monthly by the end of this year?
Plug-in car sales for the second month in a row stand at 56% of total BYD car sales.
With 161,403 sales in China so far this year (up 102% year-over-year), BYD is on track to reach or even exceed the goal of 200,000 for 2018.
BYD offers six plug-in models. Two of those models are available in both BEV and PHEV versions, so a total of eight options.
BYD sales breakdown:
- Tang PHEV – 6,037 (4rd full month of second-generation and 2nd straight new record)
- Yuan BEV – 5,803 (5th month on the market and 5th straight new record)
- e5 – 4,460 (a new record)
- Qin PHEV – 3,889 + 1,250 BEV
- Song PHEV – 3,160 + 1,078 BEV
- e6 – 389
PHEV and BEVs are selling similarly: