The expected EPA range is 250+ miles (400+ km).
Browsing the company's website, we have noticed that the battery capacity has been revealed. The "Design specs" say that the Lordstown Endurance will be equipped with a 109 kWh battery.
That's actually not bad, and the range will be more than 250 miles (402 km) EPA: "EV Range (EPA cycle) 250+ miles." Previously the company said that the range must be at least 200 miles (320 km).
Combining those two numbers we would get an energy efficiency of 436 Wh/mile (271 Wh/km). However, at this point, we don't know yet whether the 109 kWh value is usable or total.
The DC fast charging time from 20% to 80% of State of Charge (SOC) is 30-90 minutes, which is a surprisingly wide range.
Assuming 20-80% charging (over 65 kWh out of 109 kWh) in 30 minutes, that requires an average of over 110 kW.
The truck is envisioned for 5-people, towing capacity of up to 7,500 lbs (3,402 kg), over-the-air (OTA) software updates and is promised to receive a high safety rating: (front - 5, side - 5, rollover - 4 stars).
Down below, we list all the details we have found so far:
Gallery: Lordstown Motors Endurance
Lordstown Endurance specs (Design specs):
- more than 250 miles (402 km) of range "(EPA cycle)"
- 109 kWh battery
- 0-60 mph (96.5 km/h) in 5.5 seconds (without payload) according to initial specs
- top speed of 80 mph (128 km/h)
- all-wheel drive with 4 in-wheel hub motors (Elaphe's L-1500 Endurance In-Wheel Motor) and custom in hub motor brakes; 20-inch wheels
- peak system output of 600 hp (about 440+ kW)
2,000/4,400 lb-ft (2,711/5,965 Nm) of torque (Continuous/Peak)
- AC charging (11 kW on-board charger): in 10 hours
- DC fast charging: 20-80% SOC in 30-90 minutes
- Off-board power for tools and accessory (stationary): 110/120V, 20 A (the website says also 30 A)
- seating for 5
- towing capacity up to 7,500 lbs (3,402 kg)
- gradeability at GVW: 30%
- starting from $52,500 ($45,000 after deducting federal tax credit of $7,500)
- warranty: 3-years bumper to bumper; 8-years battery and hub motors