According to Reuters and other reports, environmental groups complained that Tesla should not be allowed to cut trees due to hibernating snakes in the area.
"A German court has told the U.S. billionaire’s electric vehicle company Tesla to suspend clearing of a forest at the site of the proposed factory after environmentalists said that cutting down more trees could endanger hibernating snakes."
In other words, this part of the project needs to wait for better times (although a lot of the area was cleared in those few days), while the construction of the plant in the previously cleared part is moving forward without interruptions.
Let's take a look at what else changed at the site, as there are plenty of videos, recorded on December 5 and 6:
Tesla Gigafactory 4 (aka Tesla Giga Berlin) at brief:
- located in the Berlin-area (in Grünheide, Brandenburg, Germany), near the new airport
- to produce Model 3/Y starting in 2021 with the Model Y
- will produce also batteries (for sure modules/packs) and powertrains
- expected volume of 500,000 annually (unofficial target), initially 150,000
- expected investment of €4 billion (unofficial)
- expected 10,000 jobs (unofficial)
- Tesla Model Y to utilize: 4680 battery cells, structural battery packs, mega castings (front and rear part of the car) and innovative paint process (Geico Taikisha)