It's nice to watch how the site changes from week to week, towards production of the first Model Y in about a year from now.
Foundation for the casting facility was mostly laid, the roof of the body-in-white facility was hugely expanded, painting facility (the high one) continues to grow and foundation piles for the stamping facility emerged.
As we can see on the videos from August 29 and 28, internal roads were asphalted so that further construction can be facilitated.
The big advantage of the site is that the prefabricated elements are transported by a train. Everything seems to progress quickly and in order.
Tesla Gigafactory 4 (aka Tesla Giga Berlin) at brief:
- located in the Berlin-area (in Grünheide, Brandenburg, Germany), near the new airport
- to produce Model 3/Y starting in 2021 with the Model Y
- will produce also batteries (for sure modules/packs) and powertrains
- expected volume of 500,000 annually (unofficial target), initially 150,000
- expected investment of €4 billion (unofficial)
- expected 10,000 jobs (unofficial)