More than 15,600 new plug-ins sold in a single month is the second-best result ever.
In total, 15,609 plug-in cars were registered last month, which is 286.8% more than a year ago. Thanks to an outstanding rate of expansion, the market share was close to 9%.
The plug-in hybrids are expanding quicker than all-electric, but BEVs are still slightly more popular.
Plug-in Electric Car Registrations in the UK – July 2020
- BEVs: 8,162 (up 259% year-over-year) at market share of 4.7%
- PHEVs: 7,447 (up 320% year-over-year) at market share of 4.3%
- Total: 15,609 (up 287% year-over-year) at market share of over 8.9%
- BEVs: 39,119 (up 175% year-over-year)
- PHEVs: 26,955 (up 59% year-over-year)
- Total: 66,074 (up 112% year-over-year) at market share of 8.0%
More details, including also other types:
This time we don't have any results for particular models as the Tesla Model 3 deliveries were at off-peak levels (it might back to the top 10 later this year, especially in the last month of a particular quarter).
Since the Vauxhall Corsa is #1 with 5,455, we guess that its all-electric Vauxhall Corsa-e is selling at least in the hundreds.