The first part of the area is cleared and leveled. When we will see construction start?
Sunday (April 5) as usual, was work-free, so we are now wondering whether Tesla will get the construction permit, for which the company applied.
Due to COVID-19, the government might delay the approval of further work. Hopefully, the situation will not require such measures, or at least there will be a way to start construction, while minimizing risk.
The other question is whether Tesla will pursue the construction of Giga Berlin at full speed (if allowed) or maybe just stop at this stage to preserve cash?
Tesla Gigafactory 4 (aka Tesla Giga Berlin) at brief:
- located in the Berlin-area (in Grünheide, Brandenburg, Germany), near the new airport
- to produce Model 3/Y starting in 2021 with the Model Y
- will produce also batteries (for sure modules/packs) and powertrains
- expected volume of 500,000 annually (unofficial target), initially 150,000
- expected investment of €4 billion (unofficial)
- expected 10,000 jobs (unofficial)