The number of new registrations amounted to 16,508, which is 141% more than a year ago! The market share as well hit a new record level - 6.88%, which is not surprising because the overall car sales went down 10.8%.
The plug-in hybrids are on the roll now:
- BEVs: 8,154 (new record) – up 76% at ≈3.40% market share
- PHEVs: 8,354 (near record) – up 279% at ≈3.48% market share
Plug-in electric car registrations in Germany – February 2020
Sales of models/brands
The German car brands really are stepping up their game and so far this year, are the most popular in terms of plug-in car registrations:
- Volkswagen: 3,005 (2,245 BEVs / 760 PHEVs)
- BMW: 1,806 (480 BEVs / 1,326 PHEVs)
- Mercedes-Benz: 1,556 (119 BEVs / 1,437 PHEVs)
- Audi: 1,544 (602 BEVs, including record 591 Audi e-tron / 942 PHEVs)
- Renault: 1,352 (all BEVs)
Tesla again hasn't made any splash with 685 new registrations (610 Model 3), but we know that the volume deliveries usually happen in the third month of a quarter, which might completely change the situation year-to-date.