First of all, the total number of new passenger plug-in car registrations amounted to 9,014, which is close to twice the result from 2018!
Moreover, the market share improved to an all-time record of nearly 5.8% with a pretty high balance between BEVs and PHEVs:
- BEVs 4,652 (up 229% year-over-year) at market share of 3.0%
- PHEVs: 4,362 (up 34.8% year-over-year) at market share of 2.8%
- Total: 9,014 (up 93.8% year-over-year) at market share of almost 5.8%
One more positive result is that plug-ins were selling better than conventional hybrids (7,038 and 4.5% market share), while the total xEV share is at 10.2%.
Plug-in Electric Car Registrations in the UK – November 2019
Sadly, we don't have any data about particular plug-in car models.
And here are the numbers for 11 months:
- BEVs: 32,911 (up 136% year-over-year)
- PHEVs: 30,254 (down 21.5% year-over-year)
- Total: 63,165 (up 20% year-over-year), average market share of 2.9%