Through BMW Blog channel, who spent a few days in Germany with the new BMW 330e iPerformance, we can take a look at the new version, presented by Michael Obermeier, BMW's Powertrain Expert.
We don't expect that the 330e will become one of best-selling plug-ins on the market, but it could at least tempt a fair part of 3-Series buyers to go with the plug-in. With a 12 kWh battery (instead of 7.6 kWh previously), EPA range could increase to 19 miles (30 km), compared to 14 miles (22.5 km) previously.
Here is also a detailed look at the BMW 330e in Frozen Dark Grey color:
Here is another quick look at the 330e at the display:
BMW 330e iPerformance specs:
- around 60 km (37 miles) in all-electric mode; depending on version: 59-66 km (37–41 miles)
- fuel economy (combined): 1.9–1.6 l/100 km, 15.4–14.8 kWh/100 km
- 12 kWh battery (gross)
- our EPA range estimation: 19 miles (30 km) – a third more than current EPA at 14 miles (22.5 km) on 7.6 kWh battery
- system output: 185 kW (215 kW in a XtraBoost mode) and 420 Nm
- a 2.0-litre 4-cylinder petrol engine (135 kW/184 hp), eight-speed Steptronic transmission and electric motor (continuous output of 50 kW/68 hp and a peak output of 80 kW/109 hp)
- 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 6.0 seconds
- top speed of 230 km/h (143 mph) or 140 km/h (87 mph) in all-electric mode