Plug-In Electric Vehicle Sales In France Remains Strong In August
Good news! Plug-in electric vehicle sales in France have increased over the typically slow summer months. Up 45% in July and now by 51% in August, to 2,798 and 2,367 deliveries respectively.
Market share of plug-in passenger vehicles also now stand near record levels – up to 1.78% for August.
- Passenger BEVs: 1,510 registrations (up 42%) at ≈1.0% market share (PC)
- Passenger PHEVs: 822 registrations (up 87%) at ≈0.6% market share (PC)
- Light commercial BEVs: 466 registrations (up 10%) at ≈1.4% market share (LCV)
- Passenger BEVs: 1,266 registrations (up 38%) at ≈1.2% market share (PC)
- Passenger PHEVs: 651 registrations (up 108%) at ≈0.6% market share (PC)
- Light commercial BEVs: 450 registrations (up 34%) at ≈1.9% market share (LCV)
The best selling model for France is no surprise – the Renault ZOE, which noted more than 1,600 registrations over the two months – nearly twice that of a year ago!