Zeekr, one of the latest Chinese all-electric brands (part of Geely), has slowed down a bit after its outstanding start in late 2021.
In March, sales amounted to 1,795, which is noticeably less than in the previous months (2,916 in February and 3,530 in January). The official reason is the COVID-19 pandemic in China and the ongoing impact of chip availability.
During the first quarter of 2022, Zeekr delivered 8,241 Zeekr 001 electric cars, while cumulatively sales exceeded 14,000 within six months.
Zeekr sales in China - March 2022
According to the latest reports, Zeekr announced a price increase of some of the versions of its only Zeekr 001 model. The increase is about several percent and applies from May 1. It's more proof that EV price increases are spreading all over the world.
The Zeekr 001 is the first model, based on the Geely's new Sustainable Electric Architecture (SEA) platform.
Geely reports 326,024 vehicle sales (under multiple brands - Geely, Lynk & Co and Zeekr) in Q1 2022, which is 2% less than a year ago.
Out of that, 47,986 happens to be xEVs (BEVs, PHEVs, HEVs), which is 186% more than a year ago. That's quite significant progress on the electrification front - finally, after a few slower years.
Geely xEV sales in China - March 2022
According to CnEVPost's data, most of the xEV sales are plug-ins - 39,581 BEVs, 6,719 PHEVs and 1,686 HEVs.
Gallery: Zeekr 001
Zeekr 001 specs:
- Range (NEDC)/Battery options:
86 kWh, AWD: 526 km (327 miles)
100 kWh, RWD: 712 km (443 miles)
100 kWh, AWD: 606 km (377 miles)
lithium-ion cells supplied by CATL
Z-Battery, 800 V battery system, liquid cooled
- 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.8 seconds (AWD) or 6.9 seconds (RWD)
braking from 100 to 0 km/h in 34.5 meters
- top speed of 200 km/h (124 mph)
- Drive units (Nidec Ni200Ex - one or two):
single-motor RWD: 200 kW and 384 Nm
dual-motor AWD: 400 kW and 768 Nm
- DC fast charging from 10% to 80% within 30 minutes at up to 360 kW
120 km (75 miles) of NEDC range in 5 minutes
- Dimensions: length of 4.970 m, width of 1.999 m, height of 1.560 m and a wheelbase of 3.005 m
- air suspension (ground clearance from 117mm to 205mm)
- total luggage space of 2144 liters
- Geely's Sustainable Electric Architecture (SEA) platform