The company's CEO, RJ Scaringe, shared a new, short video with dozens of brand new Rivian R1T electric pickups waiting at the plant's parking lot to be taken to customers.
It appears that there are roughly 20 vehicles in a line, and we saw at least three such lines, plus about several more in the fourth line. A total of at least 60, we guess.
"Love when these quality inspectors come to check on production ramp!"
In this case, the numbers are probably much lower, because the first vehicles were completed in December.
It's all about the ramp-up right now, especially since the company has about 71,000 pre-orders for R1T/R1S and a contract for 100,000 EDV.
The Rivian R1T so far has been very well received, including winning the MotorTrend 2022 Truck Of The Year Award. In the case of R1S, no independent reviews have been released yet.
Rivian R1T specs:
EPA: 314 miles (505 km)
400+ miles (644+ km) version (2023)
250+ mile (402+ km) affordable version to follow
- battery capacity of about 135 kWh
9 modules, 2170-type cylindrical cells (7,776), supplied by Samsung SDI
voltage: 216-459 V; capacity: 360 Ah
- 0-60 mph (96.5 km/h) in 3.0 seconds
- quad motor, all-wheel drive
- on-board charger: 11.5 kW (AC Level 2); up to 25 miles of range per hour of charge
- DC fast charging: up to 140 miles of range in 20 minutes (up to 210 kW)
- wading depth: 3+ ft (more than 0.91 m)
- curb weight: 6,949 lbs (3,152 kg)
- towing capacity: up to 11,000 lbs (4,990 kg)