Here are the first images of the all-new Volkswagen ID.6, three-row SUV, that soon is expected to enter production in China, as the SAIC Volkswagen joint venture has just received an official production/sales approval from the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT).
The ID.6 is much bigger than the ID.4s, which are already produced by two separate joint ventures in China (ID.4 CROZZ by the FAW-Volkswagen and ID.4 X by the SAIC Volkswagen), but it's still based on the same Modular Electric Drive Toolkit (MEB) platform.
The cool thing about the ID.6 is that it's a 7-seater. Unfortunately, at this point, we don't know the specs, besides the few numbers provided by Moneyball from the MIIT filling.
Volkswagen ID.6 specs (MIIT via Moneyball):
- range/ battery capacity: undisclosed (NCM)
- top speed of 160 km/h (100 mph)
- system output: 150 kW (peak), 70 kW (continuous)
- dimensions: L: 4,876 mm, W: 1,848 mm, H: 1,680 mm
- wheelbase: 2,965 mm
- weight curb/total: 2,280 kg/2,840 kg
- seats: 7
The specs of I.D. ROOMZZ concept are quite decent:
- 82 kWh battery
- 450 km (280 miles) of WLTP range, 475 km (295 miles) under Chinese NEDC
- 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 6.6 seconds
- 180 km/h (112 mph) top speed
- dual motor all-wheel drive
- system output of 225 kW (306 hp)
- DC fast charging to 80% in 30 minutes at up to 150 kW
We've reached out to VW for comment on the ID.6 but have yet to hear back.