Once again, the Tesla Semi was seen in the wild and captured during strong acceleration on the street.
We know that the Semi will be quick, with 0 to 60 mph in a claimed five seconds (20 seconds with cargo), but it's almost unbelievable to see how swiftly it moves on public roads.
It literally smokes the tires.
Couple more videos like this and soon enough the Semi will become one of those drag strip warriors.
We wonder, how quick is too quick for a cargo hauler like this?
- Acceleration 0-60 mph with 80K lbs load – 20 sec
- Speed up a 5% Grade – 65 mph
- Mile Range – 300 or 500 miles
- Powertrain – 4 Independent Motors on Rear Axles
- Energy Consumption – Less than 2 kWh / mile
- Fuel Savings – $200,000+
- Expected Base Price (300 mile range) – $150,000
- Expected Base Price (500 mile range) – $180,000
- Base Reservation – $20,000
- Expected Founders Series Price – $200,000
- Founders Series Reservation – $200,000 * Prices displayed in USD. International pricing will vary.