Some Cadillac ELRs Get Loaded Up Outside GM's Hamtramck, Michigan Assembly Facility On December 17th, 2013
How many times have you heard this one? "Automaker ships plug-in electric car early!"
If you said never, you would be probably be spot on - that is at least until this month as new Cadillac ELRs left GM's Hamtramck, Michigan plant on December 17th, 2013 - a month ahead of schedule.
And while GM did managed to start 2014 with about 60 available for sale, they did also sell 6 copies in December. The Cadillac ELR starts at $75,995.
Of note: There is also a limited edition, 100 vehicle run of Saks Fifth Avenue ELRs available from $89,500 if exclusivity is your thing
So, just how many copies of the 37 mile extended range Cadillac will GM ultimately produce and sell in 2014? It is still way too early to tell.
However, as this is the debut month for the ELR, we can now re-issue our totally obscure, but oddly satisfying (and not statistically relevant in any way) "Top Plug-In Cars Debut Month Sales Results" list:
The Chevrolet Volt Leads The Way For Debut Month Sales at 326 cars, the Chevy Spark EV Checks In A Little Lower at 27 Sold.
- Chevrolet Volt - 326 (Dec 2010)
- Fiat 500e - 150* (July 2013)
- Ford C-Max Energi - 144 (Oct 2012)
- Ford Fusion Energi - 119 (Feb 2013)
- Mitsubishi i-MiEV (then just the ‘i’) - 80 (Dec 2011)
- Toyota RAV4 EV – 61 (Sept 2012)
- Smart ED – 60 (May 2013)
- Porsche Panamera S-E Hybrid - 35 (October 2013)
- Chevrolet Spark EV - 27 (June 2013)
- Toyota Prius PHEV - 21 (Feb 2012)
- Nissan LEAF – 19 (Dec 2010)
- Tesla Model S – 12 (June 2012)
- Honda Fit EV – 7 (July 2012)
- Cadillac ELR - 6 (Dec 2013)
- Ford Focus Electric - 2 (Jan 2012)
- Honda Accord PHEV - 2 (Jan 2013)
2014 Cadillac ELR Statistical Rundown:
|0-60 mph:||7.8 sec. – range extending mode 8.8 sec. EV mode|
|Top speed (mph):||106 (up from earlier estimate of 100 mph)|
|EV range (combined city/hwy):||37 miles / 60 km|
|EV / Extended range:||More than 345 miles / 555 km (pending EPA certification), including EV on fully charged battery and full tank of fuel (est.)|
Other comparisons of note between the Cadillac ELR and Chevrolet Volt:
Cup Holder Of The Future Today!
Weight: 4,050 lbs - Volt: 3,785
- Length: 186" - Volt: 177"
- Width: 72.7" - Volt: 70.4"
- MPG (ICE): 33 MPG (est) - Volt 37 MPG
- MPGe: 82 (est)- Volt: 98
- Heated/Cooled Cup Holders With Motorized Cover: 2 - Volt: 0
Full "as of now" Spec Sheet On The 2014 Cadillac ELR:
2014 Cadillac ELR Specs - Click To Enlarge (page 1)
2014 Cadillac ELR Specs - Click To Enlarge (page 2)
2014 Cadillac ELR Specs - Click To Enlarge (page 3)