Fisker EMotion UltraPack To Use 21700 Cells From LG Chem
Henrik Fisker released an image of a semi-transparent EMotion electric sports car with an UltraPack battery, which is set to provide over 400-miles (644 km) of electric range.
The 21700 cylindrical cells (same format as in the Tesla Model 3) are to be supplied by LG Chem, using NCM chemistry.
Fisker expects that both the cells and the pack will be world’s highest in energy density.
- World’s highest energy density 21700 cylindrical cells from LG Chem, based on NCM chemistry
- Fisker Motion proprietary UltraPack, expected to be the world’s highest energy density battery pack
- over 400-mile electric range
The big feature of the $129,900 EMotion, unveiled a few weeks ago, is that the battery could be recharged in 9 minutes for additional 125 miles (200 km). We’re not yet sure how this will be achieved, but we’ll keep a close eye on Fisker’s Twitter page for more details.
Fisker EMotion battery pack will be highest energy density, in partnership with LG. Very exciting in-house developments on solid state too! pic.twitter.com/29s6eCKvxB
— Henrik Fisker (@FiskerOfficial) July 11, 2017
- Poland Will Become Home To Europe’s Largest Battery Factory Next Year – Courtesy Of LG Chem
- Hyundai Kona Electric: Two Battery Options, Up To 210-Mile Range
- LG Chem & Samsung SDI Hit By Chinese Sanctions, Now Exports Cells From China
- Proterra Electric Bus Sets Range Record At 1,100 Miles Without Recharging