As expected, this luxury EV, which is both large and heavy (2,480 kg), has received the maximum 5-star overall safety rating and shined specifically in the adult and child occupant protection categories, getting respectively 96% and 91%. Those might be among the highest values ever in 2021.
The Vulnerable Road Users (76%) and Safety Assist (80%) were also very good, but there are models with better results in those categories.
As we can see in the video, even the technologically-advanced Mercedes-Benz EQS was not able to pass all safety assist tests at 100%, and on various occasions, it hit obstacles (a car or a pedestrian).
2021 Mercedes-Benz EQS results:
- Adult Occupant - 96 percent
- Child Occupant - 91 percent
- Vulnerable Road Users - 76 percent
- Safety Assist - 80 percent
See all details here.
Crash tests include:
- Frontal impact test - 50% of the width of the car is striking an oncoming deformable barrier (both traveling at 50 km/h/31 mph)
- Frontal impact test - the car impacts a rigid full-width barrier at 50 km/h (31 mph)
- Side impact test - a mobile deformable barrier impacts the driver's door at 60 km/h (37.3 mph)
- Pole test - the tested car is propelled sideways into a rigid pole at 32 km/h (20 mph)