Rivian progresses with customer deliveries of the Rivian R1T. We have not heard much since the production launch when the first unit was delivered to Rivian's CEO RJ Scaringe on September 14.
Some units were seen in transport earlier this month, but not many reports from the field. Here is a report from Travis Munson, who just received the R1T in Illinois.
Judging from the tweets, he is very happy with the truck:
"Delivery day!! @Rivian"
"A few more photos from my #rivian #r1t delivery yesterday! Taking it on a road trip to Chicago today!"
We are eager to see some videos and fully independent reviews of the R1T.
Gallery: Rivian R1T
Rivian R1T specs:
EPA: 314 miles (505 km) (see details here)
400+ miles (644+ km) version (January 2022)
250+ mile (402+ km) affordable version to follow
- undisclosed battery capacity - around 135 kWh
2170-type cylindrical cells (7,776), supplied by Samsung SDI
- 0-60 mph (96.5 km/h) in 3.0 seconds
- quad motor, all-wheel drive
- on-board charger: 11.5 kW (AC Level 2); up to 25 miles of range per hour of charge
- DC fast charging: up to 140 miles of range in 20 minutes
- wading depth: 3+ ft (more than 0.91 m)
- towing capacity: up to 11,000 lbs (4990 kg)