The online Volta trucks reveal event has been seen by over 30,000 people to date, while enquiries were sent from all over the world.
Volta Trucks announced that in less than a month since the unveiling of its Volta Zero electric truck, it already has received first orders and that the interest in the Volta Zero "has been overwhelming – beyond even our most optimistic expectations".
The company also revealed its first customer - Drinks Cubed, the London-based sustainable drinks brand, which placed a multi-million-pound order for an undisclosed number of vehicles that will be delivered in 2022 and 2023.
Drinks Cubed has become also a member of Volta's Pioneer Programme and will participate in pilot trials, starting in the first half of 2021.
"They’ll also help us learn more about customer requirements so we can adapt and modify the final specification of customer vehicles that start production in 2022 so they are perfectly suited to our varying customer’s requirements."
Series production is planned from 2022.
Gallery: Volta Zero
Volta Zero specs:
- Range: 150-200 km (90-125 mi)
- Battery size: 160-200 kWh (LFP chemistry)
- Euro Pallets load: 16, Volume: 37.3m3
- Loadspace: Height: 2,200 mm, Length: 6,900 mm, Width: 2,485 mm
- Max payload: 8.6 tonnes
- Gross vehicle weight (GVW): 16,000 kg
- Dimensions: Height: 3.47m, Length: 9.46m, Width: 2.55m
- central driving position (1 + 2 passenger seats on sides), much lower than in conventional trucks
- a glass house-style cab design for a wide 220-degrees of visibility, minimising dangerous blind spots
- sliding doors on both sides
- Max speed: 90 km/h (56 mph)
- rear-wheel drive
- e-Axle (single electric motor, transmission, and axle are contained in a lightweight and compact unit)