Will it beat the Made-in-China Tesla Model 3?
The tiny Wuling Hong Guang MINI EV might be the top selling battery-electric car in China right now. In August, deliveries checked in at some 15,000 units.
There is a chance that the Hong Guang MINI EV will beat the Tesla Model 3 in sales in August (we are waiting for the numbers).
Anyway, with 18,312 sales (up 110% year-over-year), the SAIC-GM-Wuling joint venture (between SAIC, GM and Liuzhou Wuling Motors) turns out to be one of the major players in the EV world.
The question is whether the strong demand for micro BEVs is just a short effect or if it will become the new norm?
Let's take a look at the Hong Guang MINI EV one more time:
Gallery: Wuling - Hong Guang MINI EV
Wuling - Hong Guang MINI EV specs:
- Two battery/range options
120 km (75 miles) of range using 9.2 kWh battery
170 km (106 miles) of range using 13.8 kWh battery
- top speed of 100 km/h (62 mph)
- 13 kW and 85 Nm electric motor
- 4 seats
- 741 liters of space with the rear seats folded down
- 2,917 millimeters long, 1,493 millimeters wide and 1,621 millimeters high, with a 1,940-millimeter wheelbase