The results are in for the 2015 Volkswagen e-Golf.
According to the EPA, the e-Golf has a rated range of 83 miles, or 1 less than the Nissan LEAF (see EPA chart above for official tests results city/highway/combined for all 2015 Model Year EVs).
In terms of MPGe, the EPA rates the e-Golf at 116 combined, but the breakdown for city/highways is as follows:
Of note is that the 2015 VW e-Golf's ratings are a result of testing only in B-Mode (maximum regenerative braking mode).
With a base MSRP of $35,445, the VW e-Golf isn't as cheap as the Nissan LEAF, but it does have a competitive lease rate.
Revealed exclusively to InsideEVs, Mark Gillies, Manager of Product & Technology at Volkswagen of America, tells us the lease deal on the 2015 e-Golf is as follows:
- $299 Per Month
- 36 Month Lease
- 36,000 Miles
- $2,000 Due At Signing
- Chevrolet Volt
- Ford Focus EV
- Nissan LEAF
All e-Golfs come fully loaded. This includes standard CCS. No other vehicle offered in the U.S. has CCS as standard equipment.
Here is the full e-Golf spec sheet from Volkswagen:
Here is the spec sheet as given by VW on the e-Golf:
- Standard 7.2kW onboard charger
- Combined Charging System (CCS) that allows 80 percent battery charge within 30 minutes
- Average range between 70 and 90 miles, depending on driving style and charging behavior
- Class-leading 199 lb-ft of torque, with 115 horsepower
- Largest interior space in a compact EV—an impressive 93.5 cubic feet, same volume as Golf
- Versatile cargo area, with 22.8 cubic feet of space behind the rear seats; 52.7 cubic feet with seats folded
- Three driving profiles designed to preserve energy (“Normal”, “Eco”, and “Eco+”)
- Three driver-selectable regenerative braking levels
- 5.8-inch touchscreen navigation system and infotainment center
- Bluetooth® technology
- SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
- Automatic Post-Collision Braking system
- Leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- LED headlights
- Bespoke 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
- Keyless access
- Heatable front seats
- Rearview camera; and front and rear Park Distance Control