Video: Chevrolet Talks Spark EV In Europe. Launches In Early 2014
While at the Geneva Motor Show, Chevrolet and Cadillac Europe President, Susan Docherty take some time to introduce the Spark EV to Europe and talk about some of the 5-door, electric vehicles features.
Ms. Docherty notes that the Spark EV will be someone limited in its initial roll-out, but first deliveries are expected about a year from now, in the first quarter of 2014 to select dealerships throughout Europe; which we take to mean, if they currently sell a Chevrolet Volt (but not the Opel Ampera), they will gain access to the Spark EV.
About the Spark EV:
- will first launch in South Korea this summer, and in the US (to select cities in California and Oregon) later in 2013, Canada in late 2014 as a fleet vehicle at first
- priced at “less than $32,500″in the US before incentives
- 135-horsepower electric motor and 400 pound-feet of torque (although we question the computing method for this figure)
- 0 to 62 mph around 8.2 seconds
- just larger than 20 kWh battery, giving the Spark EV an expected range of about 81 miles (a number quasi-confirmed by GM CEO Akerson this week saying weight reductions had brought the Spark’s range up 5 miles to about 80)
- first production vehicle to come with an optional SAE (not CHAdeMO) charging outlet
Chevy Spark EV Gallery: (double click)