Plug-in hybrids are booming! Almost 400% growth year-over-year!
Impressive plug-in electric car registration numbers come from France for the month of October, despite the overall market going down by 10% year-over-year.
The total number of registrations more than tripled, just like in September, to 21,199 (up 198% year-over-year). Passenger plug-in electric cars noted a market share of about 11.8%!
All-electric car sales are growing strong, but those massive growth results are caused mostly by plug-in hybrids, as they slightly exceeded BEVs, growing 5-fold year-over-year.
- Passenger BEVs: 10,043 (up 129%)
- Passenger PHEVs: 10,214 (up 399%)
- Light commercial BEVs: 940 (up 36%)
- Total plug-ins: 21,199 (up 198%)
Plug-in car sales in France – October 2020
- Passenger BEVs: 80,609 (up 132%)
- Passenger PHEVs: 50,681 (up 267%)
- Light commercial BEVs: 6,497 (down 3%)
- Total plug-ins: 137,787 (up 149%)
*some data on the charts are estimated
Other BEVs are in the hundreds, at best. We see 678 Kia Niro EV (e-Niro) and 678 of the all-new Renault Twingo Z.E., followed by 627 Hyundai Kona Electric and 524 Volkswagen ID.3. No Tesla Model 3 in the top this time.
A big splash was made by the Renault Captur E-TECH PHEV - 1,693! The Citroën C5 Aircross PHEV (926) also did pretty well.
Detailed numbers of plug-in car registrations were provided by L’Avere-France: