The customers who purchase the MINI Electric and switch from their current home energy supply to OVO’s EV Everywhere package can get a discount equivalent to some 5,000 miles (8,000 km) from renewable electricity.
"Once signed up to the offer, MINI Electric drivers who charge their cars at home will receive a discount of £11 on their bill each month for the first year of their tariff. This adds up over the year to the equivalent of 5,000 free miles for drivers charging their car off-peak on Economy 7, or 3,300 free miles for those on the single-rate version of the tariff."
Additionally, the EV Everywhere bundle includes 2 years’ free Polar Plus membership (although the use of those charging points might be additionally paid).
"Including free Polar Plus membership, which provides unlimited access to the UK’s largest EV charging network of over 7,000 public charging points, the offer ensures MINI Electric drivers will have peace of mind when charging on the move, in addition to the free miles from home charging."
As the electrification progresses, we expect more similar offers from energy suppliers and charging networks.
David George, Director, MINI UK said:
“Our MINI Electric customers have already taken a big step in lowering their carbon emissions, so we’re pleased now to recommend this exclusive offer with OVO Energy, for those drivers who want to reduce their footprint even further.”
Tom Pakenham, Director of Electric Vehicles, OVO Energy said:
“The partnership between OVO Energy and MINI UK brings even more electric vehicle drivers across the UK the opportunity to benefit from smart charging. Our EV Everywhere bundle helps customers have more control over their total energy usage, with a complete at-home and on-the-go energy solution, enabling zero-carbon driving.”
Gallery: MINI Electric (MINI Cooper SE) in winter scenery
MINI Electric (MINI Cooper SE) specs:
- 32.6 kWh (gross) and 28.9 kWh (net) battery pack (12 modules)
- estimated EPA range of 110 miles (177 km)
- WLTP range of 200-232 km (124-144 miles), up to 270 km (168 miles) NEDC
- WLTP energy consumption of 15.5-18.0 kWh/100 km
- 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 7.3 seconds, 0-60 mph (96.5 km/h) in 6.9 seconds
- 0-60 km/h (37 mph) in 3.9 seconds
- top speed of 150 km/h (93 mph)
- power output of 135 kW (184 hp) and 270 Nm of torque (electric motor borrowed from BMW i3S)
- DC fast charging 0-80% in 35 minutes (at up to around 50 kW)
- AC charging 0-100% in 3.5 hours using three-phase on-board charger
- AC charging 0-80% in 2.5 hours using three-phase on-board charger
- trunk capacity of 211 L
- unladen DIN weight of 1,365 kg (some 145 kg heavier than the MINI Cooper S 3 Door with Steptronic transmission)
- important equipment: heat pump