It's official, the 2020 Karma Revero GT range/efficiency was listed by the EPA and the all-electric range is 61 miles (98 km) - the new high for PHEVs.
Compared to the previous generation the improvement is significant, as EV range increased by 65% while the total range went up by 37.5%. The original Karma probably was simply far from unleashing the full potential of a series-hybrid with plug-in capability.
Despite the range being very high for a PHEV, the efficiency is still poor - it will be difficult to improve it further as the Revero GT is all about the design and performance rather than going green.
Gallery: Karma Revero GT In Shanghai 2019
Gallery: 2020 Karma Revero GT
2020 Karma Revero GT specs (compared to 2018 Revero):
- 28 kWh battery (instead 21.4 kWh)
- 61 miles (98 km) of all-electric range EPA range (Revero 37 miles EPA)
- 330 miles (531 km) of total range
- 0-60 mph (96.5 km/h) in 4.5 seconds (Revero 5.4 seconds)
- 1.5L BMW TwinPower Turbo three-cylinder in-line engine (same as in BMW i8) as onboard generator (previously 2L GM engine)
- dual-motor rear-wheel drive (with torque vectoring for rear wheels)
- system output of 400 kW (535 hp) and 746 Nm peak (two 200 kW and 370 Nm electric motors)
- top speed of 125 miles (201 km/h)
- weight of 5,050 lbs / 2,291 kg (instead of 5,407 lbs / 2453 kg)