The Han was launched in China in July 2020 (the all-electric version, joined a month later by a plug-in hybrid). Since then, more than 140,000 were sold, including over 40,000 in 2020 and over 100,000 in 2021 (through the end of November).
The all-electric version appears to be much more popular (over 105,000 sold cumulatively), compared to less than 40,000 plug-in hybrids.
The Chinese manufacturer wrote on December 23, 2021:
"Today, the 150,000th BYD Han rolled off the production line. This marks the latest milestone for the flagship of the Dynasty series since the Han's launch in July 2020. As of November 2021, more than 140,000 BYD Han vehicles have been sold, cementing its status as a leader in the NEV market."
The jubilee vehicle is a blue one - the new color, introduced earlier this year:
BYD plug-in car sales are booming in China with over 90,000 per month in November and a new monthly record for the Han EV (first time above 10,000) plus a near-record for the Han PHEV (over 2,800).
A small number of Han EVs were exported and it's expected that maybe in 2022, we will see the introduction of the Han EV in Europe.
Gallery: BYD Han
BYD Han (汉) BEV specs:
- long range of some up to 605 km (376 miles) NEDC
- Reportedly two battery options:
65 kWh battery for 506 km (314 miles) NEDC with FWD powertrain
77 kWh battery for 605 km (376 miles) NEDC with FWD powertrain and 550 km (342 miles miles) NEDC with AWD powertrain
- Blade Battery - lithium-iron-phosphate (LFP) cells in cell-to-pack (CTP) version
- 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.9 seconds in top AWD version
- two powertrain options for BEV:
FWD (163 kW)
AWD (163 kW front + 200 kW rear)
- highly efficient silicon carbide MOSFET power electronics (inverter)
- DC fast charging from 30 to 80% in 25 minutes, 10 minutes of recharge for up to 135 km (84 miles) of range
- drag coefficient of 0.233
- Length 4,980 mm, Width 1,910 mm, Height 1,495 mm, Wheelbase 2,920 mm