July is responsible for more than a quarter of the total year-to-date new plug-in registrations.
July supposed to be a slower month of the year in terms of car sales in Spain, but not this time. Thanks to new incentives, the overall market showed 1% of growth year-over-year, while the plug-in segment in particular surged to a new record of almost 4,000!
In total, some 3,887 new passenger plug-in cars were registered, which is 3.3% of the total market (including 1.4% for BEVs).
The most interest was in plug-in hybrids:
- BEVs: up 117% year-over-year to 1,608
- PHEVs: ip 357% year-over-year to 2,279
After the first seven months, a total of 14,634 new plug-ins were registered (3.2% of total).
The Peugeot e-208 was the top-selling model for the month of July with 255 registrations (record), while the top five for the year is as follows:
- Renault ZOE - 159 and 1,120 YTD
- Peugeot e-208 - 255 and 801 YTD
- Ford Kuga PHEV - 191 and 665 YTD
- Peugeot 3008 PHEV - 132 and 647 YTD
- Kia Niro EV (e-Niro) - 210 and 625 YTD
As we can see, great results were posted also by Ford Kuga PHEV (Ford Escape PHEV in the U.S.).
Volvo XC40 PHEV set a decent result of 172 and two new models emerged: Renault Captur PHEV (152) and Jeep Renegade PHEV (51).