Are they building yet?
An outstanding set of new drone videos from multiple channels, posted on June 4, 2020, reveal that there is tons of heavy equipment at the site now and besides the final preparations before the actual construction, some first concrete rectangles are under construction.
According to Torque News, the foundation will be built by Max Boegl company, cement is supplied from the nearby Cemex and steel comes from Sulzle, which has a branch in Berlin.
We are eager to see whether Germany will be able to build at a similar pace as China at the Tesla Gigafactory 3. For sure, the technology, equipment and suppliers (including available train track) should allow matching China.
UPDATE: Latest video from June 5, 2020:
Let's take a look at a few more videos here:
Tesla Gigafactory 4 (aka Tesla Giga Berlin) at brief:
- located in the Berlin-area (in Grünheide, Brandenburg, Germany), near the new airport
- to produce Model 3/Y starting in 2021 with the Model Y
- will produce also batteries (for sure modules/packs) and powertrains
- expected volume of 500,000 annually (unofficial target), initially 150,000
- expected investment of €4 billion (unofficial)
- expected 10,000 jobs (unofficial)