With plenty of space and weight of 1,840 kg, the Adult Occupant and Child Occupant results stand at respectively 80% and 75%.
Vulnerable Road Users result is only 55%, but the Safety Assist is actually quite good at 80%. For reference, the Mercedes-Benz EQS also noted 80%, while the BMW iX noted 81%.
In other words, it might not protect the occupants like the models that are considered the safest, but crash avoidance is very good (still far from perfect though).
Only time will tell how well the MG Marvel R will be received in the European market, after a couple of other plug-in MG models paved the way, but the brand is well positioned for gradual electrification.
2021 MG Marvel R Euro NCAP test results:
- Adult Occupant - 80 percent
- Child Occupant - 75 percent
- Vulnerable Road Users - 55 percent
- Safety Assist - 80 percent
See all details here.
Crash tests include:
- Frontal impact test - 50% of the width of the car is striking an oncoming deformable barrier (both traveling at 50 km/h/31 mph)
- Frontal impact test - the car impacts a rigid full-width barrier at 50 km/h (31 mph)
- Side impact test - a mobile deformable barrier impacts the driver's door at 60 km/h (37.3 mph)
- Pole test - the tested car is propelled sideways into a rigid pole at 32 km/h (20 mph)