Hyundai presents its upcoming IONIQ Electric in a new series of videos covering all the points of interest on its first global all-electric car offering. (Of note: the IONIQ Electric has been available in its domestic/South Korean market now for several months)
The first two episodes center around the powertrain and the IONIQ Electric's battery range and charging.
One of the new tidbits of information contained in the videos is the acceleration time of the Hyundai, with 0-100 km/h (62 mph) accomplished in 9.9 seconds.
Video (above) description:
" #1 Electric Power System
Introducing IONIQ electric, the new generation of electric vehicle.
IONIQ electric’s high-powered electric motor provides drivers with superior initial acceleration and driving performance, while Shift-By-Wire transmission brings entirely new experience of driving.
Let’s meet the first story of IONIQ electric, which refined with world-class technological innovation."
Quick specs IONIQ Electric:
- 28 kWh battery optimistic 155 miles/250 km on NEDC standard (EPA estimated at 110 miles/177 km)
- 88 kW (120 PS) electric motor with 295 Nm of torque
- 165 km/h (102 mph) top speed
- 0-60 km/h (37 mph) in 4.5 seconds
- 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 9.9 seconds
- 6.6 kW on-board charger
- DC fast charging up to 80% in 33 minutes at 50 kW or 24 minutes at 100 kW (CCS/J1772 Combo)
" #2 Electric Power System
IONIQ electric enables you to drive up to 280km with single charge, which is the result of a lightweight high-voltage battery and improved energy density.
Also, regenerative braking system and quick charge infra are reducing the anxiety from discharge."