It's time to add some serious test miles.
They were sent for testing to "#Workforit", which sounds quite appropriate, as the unusual quad in-wheel motor system really needs to be proven in the final product before series production.
The power output of the four Elaphe's L-1500 Endurance is about 440 kW total.
"This morning, three of our Endurance Betas were sent to #Workforit - they are on the road headed to our testing facility."
The specs shown on the website say that the 109 kWh will translate into more than 250 miles (402 km) of EPA range.
We guess that it should be enough for many applications, but only time will tell whether fleets will find it useful.
Lordstown Endurance specs (Design specs):
- more than 250 miles (402 km) of range "(EPA cycle)"
- 109 kWh battery
- 0-60 mph (96.5 km/h) in 5.5 seconds (without payload) according to initial specs
- top speed of 80 mph (128 km/h)
- all-wheel drive with 4 in-wheel hub motors (Elaphe's L-1500 Endurance In-Wheel Motor) and custom in hub motor brakes; 20-inch wheels
- peak system output of 600 hp (about 440+ kW)
2,000/4,400 lb-ft (2,711/5,965 Nm) of torque (Continuous/Peak)
- AC charging (11 kW on-board charger): in 10 hours
- DC fast charging: 20-80% SOC in 30-90 minutes
- Off-board power for tools and accessory (stationary): 110/120V, 20 A (the website says also 30 A)
- seating for 5
- towing capacity up to 7,500 lbs (3,402 kg)
- gradeability at GVW: 30%
- starting from $52,500 ($45,000 after deducting federal tax credit of $7,500)
- warranty: 3-years bumper to bumper; 8-years battery and hub motors