New Renault Kangoo Z.E. Gets Larger Battery, Motor, Charger And Heat Pump
This summer Renault is introducing four major upgrades for the Kangoo Z.E. – a new battery, a new motor, a new charger and the incorporation of a heat pump for the climate control system.
The battery option is the new Z.E. 33 (33 kWh), which extends range by around 50% compared to previous one:
- 270 km (168 miles) NEDC compared to 170 km
- 200 km (124 miles) real range in the summer (previously 125 km)
- 120 km / 135 km (84 miles) with heat pump in the winter
The new electric motor is still rated at 44 kW (225 Nm), but this time it’s all-Renault designed and produced, which should help with costs.
On-board charger power has (thankfully) doubled to 7 kW (now required 6-hours for a full recharge).
And finally, for the very first time in an electric LCV, there is a heat pump. Additionally, Renault has implemented a pre-heating feature. All welcome additions.
Here is a set of new photos of the Renault Kangoo Z.E. (Z.E. 33), as well as a couple video featurettes (at bottom):
- Nissan, Renault, Mitsubishi Collectively Reveal Future Plans, Including 12 Pure EVs
- Renault SYMBIOZ – The Car That Turns Into A Living Room For Your Home – Video
- 500 Renault ZOE Z.E. 40 To Be Available In Car Sharing Service In Madrid
- SYMBIOZ EV To Represents Renault’s Vision Of The Future Of Mobility – Video