BMW i3 With Range Extender Priced at $45,200 or $3,850 More Than BEV Version
Throughout the day we’ll bring you all of the juicy details on the just-unveiled BMW i3.
Here first are the juiciest details of all:
- Pricing (before federal or local incentives) starts at $41,350; $45,200 for Range Extender model. Destination & Handling Fee not included.
- On Sale: Q2 of 2014 in the USA.
So, the math shows us that the optional range extender will cost $3,850, which is almost precisely what we had guessed at.
With full pricing details disclosed, which would you choose? Pure battery electric or range-extended?
- 2014 BMW i3 Price and Ordering Guide for US Now Online
- Build Your Own BMW i3 REx – Base MSRP Now Just Under $10,000,000,000 After $7,500 Tax Credit
- All in a Day’s Work: We Catch BMW’s i3 REx Price Typo – Still a $3,850 Option
- BMW Spends Big On i3 And i8 For Frankfurt Show; Indoor Infinity Track To Showcase i Brand