Volkswagen Tiguan GTE Active Concept Debuts In US: 20 Miles All-Electric Range
Having its US debut at the NYIAS, the plug-in hybrid Volkswagen Tiguan GTE Active Concept is one of just a few concepts that we’d would love to see enter production.
For now, it’s however only concept displayed at the 2016 New York International Auto Show alongside the Budd-E Concept.
With 221 hp (165 kW) system power (AWD) and 12.4 kWh battery, the Tiguan GTE Active Concept could be an interesting alternative offering to the legion of city car plug-ins on the market today, but on the other hand…in a few years, the battery pack in vehicles of the Tiguan GTE’s size are likely to be much larger.
See a full detailed description of the VW here.
- 148-horsepower (110 kW) and 184 pound-feet of torque gasoline engine and two electric motors (54 hp / 40 kW at the front and 114 hp / 85 kW at the rear) for total 221 hp (165 kW) system power.
- The front motor is being housed inside the casing of a 6-speed dual-clutch (DSG®) automatic transmission that was specially designed for hybrid use.
- top speed of 120 mph (193 km/h) and can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 6.4 seconds
- up to 20 miles /32 km in zero-emissions electric mode up to 70 mph (112 km/h)
- 12.4 kWh battery
- total 580 miles of range (battery and fuel tank)