Volkswagen Golf GTE Sport Concept Gets Motor Show Debut In Frankfurt
A special concept car Volkswagen Golf GTE Sport Concept debuted a few months ago (see description and photos/videos), but its “true” world premiere was held at the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show this week.
It not only looks more aggressive and racy than the production Golf GTE, but it’s more powerful as well, with nearly 300 kW of peak power.
Unfortunately, a production version is not expected; the doors and wheels kind of give it away!
- 295 kW (400 hp) of system power and 670 Nm of torque
- 1.6 TSI (turbocharged direct injection engine) with a 6-speed DSG gearbox and two electric motors 85 kW / 115 hp. The first is in the front with 330 Nm of torque, while the second one in the rear puts out 270 Nm of torque
- 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 4.3 seconds
- 280 km/h (175 mph) top speed
- all-electric mode up to 50 km (31 miles)
- unknown number of kWh