Videos: Elon Musk Discusses Model E – Apple – Battery Cell Costs / Energy Density – Battery Swapping – And More
There’s a lot to digest in these 3 poor quality (resolution is extremely low and audio is way quiet) videos of a recent California Public Utilities Commission event in San Francisco.
Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk was a featured speaker. The event was so packed that an overflow room had to be utilized.
According to 9 to 5 Mac, here are some of the highlights from this trio of videos:
- There’s a back and forth discussion with an Apple iPhone engineer
- The engineer manages a big part of the hardware development of the iPhone.
- When Musk discusses energy density, the Apple engineer won’t disclose any info.
- Musk claims Tesla can reach 260Wh/kg at the lowest price per in the industry
- Model E expected to have 200 miles of range, possibly use a 48 kWh battery pack or thereabouts.
- Battery swapping is behind schedule, but still coming
There’s more to glean from these 3 videos, provided you can deal with the poor video/audio quality…
Source: 9 to 5 Mac