Video: Porsche 918 Spyder Plug-In Hybrid – Better Than A Bugatti Veyron?
We know the Porsche 918 Spyder supercar is the fastest plug-in hybrid supercar today, but did you know it’s quicker than the Bugatti Veyron to 62 mph? (the 918 does this in 2.5 seconds) And faster to 190 mph? (at just over 20 seconds)
Autocar recently got its hands on one and took it out to the track to both drive it silently (the Porsche can travel up to 20 miles on electric power alone) and in full 875 hp, 944 lb-ft torque combined mode.
As the Bugatti Veyron is the current poster child for all supercars everywhere, the publication asks the obvious question: “Is the Porsche 918 Spyder better than a Bugatti Veyron?” Check out the video to find out.
Last week, Porsche released their “final performance stats” on the 918:
- 0 to 62 MPH in 2.5 seconds
- 0 to 124 MPH in 7.2 seconds
- 0 to 62 MPH in Electric-Only Mode 6.2 seconds or 6.1 With the Upgraded Weissach Package
- 0 to 186 MPH in 19.9 seconds
- 4.6-Liter V8 Puts Out 599 HP
- Total Power From Engine and 2 Electric Motors is 875 HP at 8,500 RPM
Production of the 918 Spyder is now underway. First deliveries are scheduled for near the end of this year. Only 918 will be made. Cost is over $1 million – £650,000 in the UK.