Video: McLaren P1 Caught Revving Engine For First Time Ever
5 Y BY ELECTRICCARSTV
It’s not the hum of the electric motor we hear, but rather the rumble of the McLaren P1’s turbocharged V8 engine.
Admittedly, we’d rather observe the P1’s silent electric-only operation, but this here is the first time ever that McLaren spectacular hypercar has been caught on the move and with audio to prove it’s a working machine.
This particular P1 is reportedly bound for Germany and showed up at McLaren’s headquarters prior to being shipped out.
Unfortunately, we don’t get a feel for the P1’s speed here, but it’s still quite special to catch a glimpse of a machine so expensive ($1.15 million) and limited (production run 375 units) that few of us will ever see out on public roads.
What’s the P1 capable of? Here are those mind-blowing specs:
- o to 62 miles per hour in under 3 seconds
- 0 to 124 miles per hour in less than 7 seconds
- 0 to 186 miles per hour in 17 seconds
- 903 total horsepower
- 664 pound-feet of torque
- Electric-only range of up to 12.5 miles at an average speed of 30 mph
- Production limited to 375 units
- Top speed 218 mph
- Curb weight 3,086 pounds