Video: Emergency Response To EVs, Featuring The Tesla Model S…Which Gets Destroyed
Vehicle rescue expert, Brock Archer, takes us through all the ins and outs of what unique situations could be faced by first responders with electric vehicles. With the help of Tesla, and their Model S (and Roadster), rescue workers can now be fully versed in how to handle almost any feasible emergency with the electric sedan.
And by help of Tesla, we mean they let them flip a Model S on its side, then obliterate the car with the jaws of life. We confess it is a little painful to watch.
Even if you are not all that interested in the safety protocols in dealing with an electric car, the video has unprecedented footage of the Model S and all its systems. It is worth a look.
The extensive and informative video is 37 minutes long and is broken into modules:
- Module One: Electrical Concepts (2:27)
- Module Two: High Voltage Components (4:46)
- Module Three: Vehicle Identification And Charging (13:50)
- Module Four: Disabling The High Voltage (19:00)
- Module Five: Operational Considerations At Incidents Involving EVs (24:35)
- The Drive Talks To Tesla Model S Driver Who Was Rear-Ended By A Big Rig
- IIHS Puts BMW i3 & Tesla Model S Through Crash Tests – Neither Earn “Top Safety Pick” Designation (w/videos)
- Tesla Begins Investigation Of Fatal Model S Crash In The Netherlands – Car Was Going 96 MPH
- Senate Committee Calls Upon Tesla To Brief Panel On Fatal Model S Crash